State-of-the-art Technology for Optimal Oral Health
Did you know that advances in dental technology have made seeing the dentist more of a breeze than ever? Dr. Ruth Bailey administers laser dentistry for her patients, for a simple, straightforward approach to certain dental complications. The FDA-approved laser system emits a thin stream of light energy which can be used for a wide range of procedures such as gum reshaping and treating decay. Patients experience less discomfort during treatments and because lasers replace traditional dental drills patients can feel more relaxed.
Dr. Bailey has extensive education and training in laser dentistry, and performs every procedure with patient comfort in mind. Her goal is to provide you with a pleasant experience so you feel confident coming back to tend to your oral health. To learn more about laser dentistry, contact our Knoxville dental practice today, serving Bearden, Sequoyah Hills, and West Knoxville.
Dr. Bailey starts each appointment with a one-on-one consultation, at which time she accesses your aesthetic goals and examines the teeth and gums. Based on this consultation, she will design a treatment plan to best suit your needs. The procedure is performed as follows:
- Dr. Bailey may first administer anesthetic, depending on the case.
- The laser system is directed toward the treatment area, emitting a gentle yet intense beam of light.
- Lasers can be used for a number of different procedures. The light energy sterilizes the gum tissue, breaks up and removes decayed material, removes lesions, and can even act as a heating source for teeth whitening.
- Once the treatment is complete, the patient can leave our office with a new, improved, healthy smile.
The benefits of laser dentistry include:
- Greater precision
- Quicker healing time
- Little to no risks or side effects
- In some cases, anesthesia is not necessary
- Multiple uses
- Increased patient comfort
- Safe and effective – FDA approved
- Eliminates need for sutures
- Preserve healthy portion of tooth
- Less amount of time spent in dental chair
- No intimidating sounds and smells
There are little to no risks or side effects associated with laser dentistry. This is another reason it is such a sought after technique. Patients are given special goggles to protect the eyes during treatment.
Patients may experience some redness or soreness at the treatment site immediately following the procedure. Though side effects are rare, if they do occur, they are temporary. Any discomfort can be alleviated with over-the-counter pain medication.
Candidates of Laser Dentistry
The best way to learn whether laser dentistry is right for you is to meet with Dr. Bailey for a consultation. Laser dentistry is excellent for individuals who are typically anxious about going to the dentist. Ideal candidates include individuals who require:
- Contouring of gingival tissue (gums)
- Treatment of aphthous ulcer
- Treatment of periodontal pockets
- Treatment of herpetic lesions or fever blisters
- Crown lengthening
- Tooth preparation for crowns and veneers
- Treatment of periodontal (gum) disease